Sure, there are plenty of stories about CRM failures. But in reality, when rolled out successfully, CRM has tremendous potential. It can actually help a firm to improve communication, coordination and Client service. If you think long and hard about it, I bet you’ll have trouble coming up with a list of really important stuff we do in a law firm that doesn’t involve at least one of those things. That’s because law firms are relationship businesses and relationships take a lot of all of the above.
- We can de-duplicate our contact lists so we don’t send the same people multiple communications.
- We can generate lists that can be segmented by key categories to ensure that we can target information to the people who can benefit from it.
- We can alert potential Clients of important changes in laws or regulations that can affect them.
- We can coordinate Client team meetings and efforts.
- We can share information gathered from client surveys about Client service preferences.