An Apple a Day Keeps CRM Failure Away Part 4 – The Golden Apple
Arguably, the most important thing a CRM system can help a law firm with is business development – attracting and retaining top Clients. This is the reason a lot of firms invest in CRM systems in the first place. Actually, this is the reason a lot of firms do a lot of the things they do.
- Communications can be targeted to key Clients and prospects to provide opportunities to generate business related to changes or developments in laws or regulations.
- Invitations to events can be distributed to key prospects to provide opportunities to get face-to-face to discuss key issues and strategies for addressing them.
- Client team meetings can be planned and scheduled to identify cross selling opportunities.
- Information from Client surveys can be communicated to improve Client service and retention.
- Reminders can be set to enhance follow-up after events.
- Pipelines can be created to track business development progress with Clients and prospects.
- Financial information can be shared to help determine who the firm’s top Clients are so that the firm can serve them better and try to grow them – and to help identify who the firm’s at risk Clients may be so that the firm can serve them better and try to retain them.